Guest: Robert Lieberson, MD, Neurosurgeon
Click HERE for Podcast
1) Two Popular Cholesterol Drugs May Not Work Vytorin, Zetia failed to improve heart disease in a key study.
The Associated Press, 12:15p, PT; Sun., March 30, 2008 New England Journal of Medicine. Internet publication from the American College of Cardiology conference in Chicago, Ill.
2) Statin Treatment of Adult Human Glial Progenitors Induces PPARy-Mediated Oligodendrocytic Differentiation. Sim, et.al.
Glia 56:954-962 (2008)
3) Tendinous Disorders Attributed to Statins: A Study on Ninety-Six Spontaneous Reports in the Period 1990-2005 and Review of the Literature.
Arthritis Care Res. 2008;59: 367-372
4) Effect of Xuezhikang, an Extract From Red Rice Yeast Chinese Rice, on Coronary Events in a Chinese Population with Previous Myocardial Infarction.
Am J. Cardiol. 2008; published online before print June 9
5) Atlas Vertebra Realignment and Achievement of Arterial Pressure Goal in Hypertensive Patients: a pilot study. Bakris, et. al.
Journal of Human Hypertension (2007) 21, 347-352
6) Weight Loss With a Low-Carbohydrate, Mediterranean , or Low-Fat Diet. Shai, et. al.
N. Engl J Med 359:3 www.jejm.org July 17, 2008